We now have two members of the C&R team at your service in the practice, including yours truly.
Following guidance from NHS England, the Association of Optometrists, and Boris, we are now able to safely offer you essential and/or urgent eyecare and eyewear services.
This means that from 8th June I’ll be available for clients who feel that their vision and/or prescription has changed, or require new/replacement glasses or prescription sunglasses.
We are following the advice to continue to suspend all routine eye examinations and contact lens check-ups (where you feel everything is fine and you’re unlikely to require an update to your glasses/contact lenses). When we’re given the go-ahead to resume routine appointments we expect demand to be high, so we are taking appointments for routine examinations from July or later.
But if you feel that you need to update your glasses now we can arrange an appointment for you from 8th June onwards.
We’re taking all the necessary precautions to keep you and the team safe during your visit to the practice, including:
- Extended 1 hour appointment slots – so that you continue to receive a relaxed, concierge-style experience in a quiet and crowd-free environment. We’ll be controlling the number of clients allowed in the practice at the same time.
- Physical distancing – the practice is a small building so we have to work with what we have. We’ll maintain a 2 meter separation as much as possible. For any parts of the eye examination or eyewear styling consultation where the optometrist or dispensing optician needs to get closer, this time will be kept to a minimum and face masks will be worn. We are also using perspex cough/sneeze guards in the Eyewear Gallery for added protection and peace of mind.
- Cleaning & sanitisation – we continue to follow the highest standards of sanitisation throughout the practice including all surfaces being wiped down and disinfected between every appointment. All frames that you try on have been sanitised beforehand, and we’re all following proper hand hygiene procedures with hand washing and multiple hand sanitisation stations throughout the practice.
- Face coverings – as I mentioned in my last update, eyewear is the ultimate accessory for your face, but for the time being we are adding a face mask to the essential accessory list! We’ll provide a complimentary face mask when you arrive so you can wear it for any parts of the eye examination or styling consultation where we need to be closer than 2 metres. If you have already got into the habit of wearing a face mask, please feel free to wear it to your appointment.
- Individual service – at Clarke & Roskrow we pride ourselves on providing a warm, friendly, professional service. This remains a constant during these uncertain times. Despite the new face coverings and slight adjustments to the way we work, you can rest assured that we will continue to work hard to provide you with a uniquely enjoyable and individualised experience.
As always you can expect the same high standard of personal service, professional expertise, and incredible independent eyewear from your visit to Clarke & Roskrow Styling Opticians.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the practice. We’ve been missing you!
Just call or email to request an appointment for essential eyecare or eyewear services.
Call: 01858 462996
P.S Our revised opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am-5:30pm.
P.P.S We are taking appointments for essential and urgent eyecare and eyewear needs. If you’re due a routine appointment, (where you’re not having any problems with your vision and feel that it would be unlikely that you require an update to your glasses/contact lenses) we continue to follow the advice that these appointments should be postponed to July or later. If you would like to add your name to our waiting list just call or email the team and we can arrange that for you.